Monday, August 4, 2008

Maybe, but Probably Not

I went to a house party on Saturday with one of my girls. I don't normally try very hard to make it to parties where i will know no one, but I like one of the girls who lives there. And, more importantly, she promised we'd be entertained by a smorgasbord of handsome, Spanish-speaking men.

The party actually became fun after my girl and I dominated the beer pong table, much to the shock and horror of the many drunk (and just barely out of college) boys who opposed us. Turns out, you ought not be fooled by the rocks that the overdressed chicks in platform shoes got when it comes to college drinking games.

I chatted up a boy near the pong table. On first glance, he was kinda cute and my friend was too busy rattling on in Spanish to be much company to me. I gave him my email address. Then, he informed me that i should try brushing my hair. Whoa! I didn't realize that I was so openly soliciting beauty advice from Polo-wearing oafs with their collars up. Furthermore, I do brush my hair. I excused myself promptly.

Very little time passed and my friend was under attack. This time he asked why she only dyed her roots. This guy really knew how to impress the ladies.

The best thing is that I got an email today from Mr. Charming. He went on about how if i get back to him right away, MAYBE he'll allot some time for me this week so that i can try harder to impress him (and presumably look a little less Medusa-esque).

Maybe i'll email him back. Maybe, but probably not.

:-)

No comments: