Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thank you, beautiful friends

It's official. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Today is my birthday and I'm overwhelmed by the love sent my way.

Beginning yesterday, because some of my friends live in hemispheres where everything is done a day early, I started getting love notes and it has been heartwarmingly constant since. With a midnight knock on my door for shots and the best shih tzu snuggle alarm clock, my special day has been too good to be true, and it is only lunchtime. My phone has been buzzing every few minutes all night and morning long and I'm quite overwhelmed by my beautiful pack members; old, new, close, and far. Thank you all so, so much. You amaze me to tears. There is nothing more precious to me than friendship.

Mum is arriving in a few hours for a packed weekend of music, fishing, overeating, and (knowing the Queen of Pirates) mischief. It is going to be a weekend (um...maybe more like a month) of memories for sure. I'll post photos of my fishing catch...with the luck I know I have for being friends with all of you, I know I'm going to catch a whopper.

No comments: