Friday, August 22, 2008

Not really into threesomes

When dating, it is perfectly reasonable to be seeing more than one person at a time, assuming everyone involved is properly informed about the casual nature of the relationship. On the other hand, it is perfectly unreasonable to have a proper significant other and try to date me.

This is the situation i find myself in at the moment. Or rather, found myself.

I am not the kind of person who takes a supporting role in someone's relationship drama. I'm more a "leading lady" sort of girl. So when boy of the moment informed me that he was "seeing" another chick, I wasn't amused. And, after careful investigation (Where would we be without Facebook?), when i discovered that he wasn't just "seeing another chick" but was rather in a full-blown partnership, I was full-blown disgusted.

He insists that, though this poor girl might have a boyfriend, he absolutely doesn't have a girlfriend. I have a hard time with that logic actually...but, i've been known to be old-fashioned when it comes to love so what do i know? *wink* The most amusing thing is that he has convinced himself that by telling me the half truth, he isn't responsible for the feelings he is hurting, mine or hers. Unfortunately for him, I'm not buying it.

One simply cannot be a cowardly, indecisive liar and get away with it. I'm far too fabulous to be treated as second best or someone's dirty little secret. And, let's be honest, why would I want to be with someone who lies and sneaks around on his girlfriends anyway?

The good news is that i don't have to put up with it. The sad news is that the other girl, who with utmost certainty doesn't deserve this kind of treatment either, is clueless.

Oh, well. I'm sure she'll figure it out sooner or later. In the meantime, my search continues. Next!

No Substitute Love by Estelle







(I especially like the bit when she raps towards the end.)

No comments: