Saturday, August 16, 2008

Misinformation

So, here i am, all dressed up, on my couch with Olive drinking wine by myself. I am supposed to be out with a boy, but (insert shocked expression here) he forgot what time he told me yesterday. Now, I realize that remembering things for almost 24 whole hours is quite difficult. And who really pays attention to the time anyway, right?

I do.

I've come to the conclusion that somehow along the evolutionary path, boys have sadly been given misinformation that could possibly prevent the continuation of the species.

Exhibit A: It is so not cool to be late.

It doesn't make you look smooth, like you've got so much amazing stuff going on that you practically forgot our date. Rather, it makes you look like an idiot. Also, impressing a girl is easily done by instead doing precisely the opposite...showing up right on time. That shows that you've also been anticipating the time we are about to spend together and have maybe even been looking forward to it. In fact, even if you aren't looking forward to it, it would be nice to extend the courtesy of at least not wasting my time.

Don't Let Him Waste Your Time by Jarvis Cocker








P.S. This boy hasn't done this before, but so many boys in the past have, he gets the shame of this blog post just for being male and therefore guilty by association.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grrr. The only thing that I hate more than lateness is people who are surprised that the people they're late on are bothered by it.