Wednesday, July 23, 2008

10 Block Radius

The other night, I had plans with a boy. I had boxing first so i rushed home to hose off. Tick toc, tick toc...he finally calls and ditches me, giving some lame excuse typical of crooked politicians, Enron execs, and single men in DC.

I was bummed, partly because i was now without plans and partly because i could have stayed at boxing and talked to another, cuter boy i have my eye on at the gym. This boy has done this so, so many times before that i have difficultly even being angry with him and am instead furious with myself for even trying.

So, after making a grand statement about how i certainly wouldn't find love sitting on my couch, I invited Olive on a walk. This was a solution i knew would appease both my dog and my disappointment.

Upon reaching Dupont Circle, who do i see giggling with another chick at a crosswalk? Yes, that's correct. I was ditched for a girl in a buttondown. Muttering "You've got to be f*!king kidding," i approached the lying jerk. I got the usual sleazy load of crap.

I was not amused.

I made my exit by explaining to Beige Buttondown that Asshole must have mistakenly made two dates...in the same night...in the same neighborhood.

And you wonder why i'm bitter...

Go Ahead by Alicia Keys






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah. That's like something out of a sitcom. The next time you see this guy, give me a call and I'll run over and kick him in the balls for giving men--and DC men in particular--a bad name.

I guess this is one of those things to file under "a bird in the hand" things. "A boy right in front of you is better than one you have to schedule time with." Or something. I'll work on it.